Pujols, 499 & 500
April 22, 2014
Photos by Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP
Loved and loathed, the original stand that would later form part of Exhibition Stadium was built in 1879 for spectators of horse racing and equestrian shows at the Ex. It burned down in 1906 and was quickly re-built. During the 1920s, the horses, as they had on the streets of Toronto, gave way to deafening motorcycle and auto races. An astonishingly dangerous game called automobile polo was popular around the time of the first world war.
- Chris Bateman (blogTO)
Read and see the rest; "What Exhibition Stadium Used to Look Like"
Carlos Gomez triples, brawls
Top two photos by Gene J. Puskar/AP
Bottom photo by Joe Sargent